You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Epson XP 405 printer not work after downloading Catalina. It worked fine on High Sierra

Why does my Epson XP 405 printer not work after downloading Catalina. It worked fine on High Sierra

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 2:53 AM

Epson lists no Catalina or Mojave drivers for this printer. Only the Software Updater from June 2019 for Mojave. Unless that Software Updater can reach out to Epson and retrieve 64-bit, Catalina compatible software and drivers, then your printer will only be usable by your iPad. Epson may be so infatuated with their Workforce lineup of devices that they may not issue any 64-bit support for your older device. Contact Epson.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2019 2:53 AM in response to Chasyl662

Epson lists no Catalina or Mojave drivers for this printer. Only the Software Updater from June 2019 for Mojave. Unless that Software Updater can reach out to Epson and retrieve 64-bit, Catalina compatible software and drivers, then your printer will only be usable by your iPad. Epson may be so infatuated with their Workforce lineup of devices that they may not issue any 64-bit support for your older device. Contact Epson.

Oct 13, 2019 1:55 AM in response to John Blanchard1

Perhaps I should have been more specific as to what is happening. I go to print a document, pages or pdf for example, and hit the print box. The screen flicks and returns to the document. The printer screen momentarily shows 'printing' and then goes back to home. I tried to print a document from my iPad3 using same wifi connection and it all work fine. There was an update of the firmware for this Epson model which I installed. I haven't checked the driver yet but will. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.