You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I installed macOS Catalina, I have been getting the following message whenever I log onto my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015):

Since I installed macOS Catalina, I have been getting the following message whenever I log onto my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015): '“update” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash." I have clicked "Move to Trash" many times but the message has kept on coming up. I have also tried clicking Cancel but the message keeps coming on. I find nothing in the Trash after clicking "Move to Trash.". How can I solve this problem?

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 6:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 7:58 PM

pmnyamora wrote:

Since I installed macOS Catalina, I have been getting the following message whenever I log onto my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015): '“update” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash." I have clicked "Move to Trash" many times but the message has kept on coming up. I have also tried clicking Cancel but the message keeps coming on. I find nothing in the Trash after clicking "Move to Trash.". How can I solve this problem?

If you suspect you have installed adware/malware. Try running this trusted utility https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2019 7:58 PM in response to pmnyamora

pmnyamora wrote:

If you suspect you have installed adware/malware. Try running this trusted utility https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Since I installed macOS Catalina, I have been getting the following message whenever I log onto my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015):

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.