You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't rearrange apps on my iPhone

With the new iOS update, I can’t rearrange my apps. They stop shaking when I move them, so I can’t rearrange any of them.

I turned my phone off. Turned it back on and most of my apps were all over the place. Has this happened to anyone? How can I fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:24 PM

Hello,

When touching and holding an app, it may not jiggle if you have Zoom on. I would check this in Settings > Accessibility > Tap Zoom > Disable and try again

If Zoom is disabled or it did not resolve, Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > 3D and Haptic Touch > turn off 3D Touch - then hold down on the app and you should see an option at the top to Rearrange Apps.

I would also try to reset the Home screen and apps to their original lay out in Settings > General > Reset.

If you have created a bunch of app folders, you may want to skip that steps as it will remove the created app folders.

Speaking of folders, will it allow you to move the apps into a folder if you create one?

1. Touch and hold any app on the screen until the app icons jiggle.
  2. To create a folder, drag an app onto another app.
  3. Drag other apps into the folder.
  4. You can have multiple pages of apps in the folder.
  5. To rename the folder, tap the name field, then enter the new name.
  6. Tap Done (iPhone X and later) or press the Home button (other models).

To delete a folder, drag all the apps out of the folder. The folder is automatically deleted.

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2019 8:24 PM in response to 928tp

Hello,

When touching and holding an app, it may not jiggle if you have Zoom on. I would check this in Settings > Accessibility > Tap Zoom > Disable and try again

If Zoom is disabled or it did not resolve, Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > 3D and Haptic Touch > turn off 3D Touch - then hold down on the app and you should see an option at the top to Rearrange Apps.

I would also try to reset the Home screen and apps to their original lay out in Settings > General > Reset.

If you have created a bunch of app folders, you may want to skip that steps as it will remove the created app folders.

Speaking of folders, will it allow you to move the apps into a folder if you create one?

1. Touch and hold any app on the screen until the app icons jiggle.
  2. To create a folder, drag an app onto another app.
  3. Drag other apps into the folder.
  4. You can have multiple pages of apps in the folder.
  5. To rename the folder, tap the name field, then enter the new name.
  6. Tap Done (iPhone X and later) or press the Home button (other models).

To delete a folder, drag all the apps out of the folder. The folder is automatically deleted.

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Can't rearrange apps on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.