You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All browsers Chrome/Opera/Firefox/Brave but not Safari crash on select a file to upload.

Hi there,

After upgrading to Catalina I have a terrible issue and since I am w web developer this issue really prevents me from doing my work.

As in the title whenever I try to upload a file on any of the given browsers they just turn off (crash but with no info). Safari on the other hand works fine.

As I mentioned before as a web developer I cannot rely only on one working browser as I need to test my software on all possible ones.

I look forward to anyone's reply.

FYI my browsers/system/other apps are up-to-date. No upgrade/update info.

Best wishes,

Adrian

MacBook

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 3:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 5:34 AM

So...

After 1hour of phone call with Apple Support finally I was able to solve my problem

1. I was using CleanMyMacX - which was working fine before the upgrade
  2. I cleaned Cache by holding Command+Option+P+R for 20seconds while booting, the system restarted and now everything works perfectly

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2019 5:34 AM in response to adrdro

So...

After 1hour of phone call with Apple Support finally I was able to solve my problem

1. I was using CleanMyMacX - which was working fine before the upgrade
  2. I cleaned Cache by holding Command+Option+P+R for 20seconds while booting, the system restarted and now everything works perfectly

Oct 14, 2019 3:51 AM in response to ksaro1

Well I was able to turn on logging on Chrome and on upload to GoogleDrive it presents with this error and crashes

```

1014/124727.485822:WARNING:process_memory_mac.cc(93)] mach_vm_read(0x7ffee9b43000, 0x2000): (os/kern) invalid address (1)

[1014/124727.613349:WARNING:system_snapshot_mac.cc(42)] sysctlbyname kern.nx: No such file or directory (2)

[1014/124727.637097:WARNING:crash_report_exception_handler.cc(239)] UniversalExceptionRaise: (os/kern) failure (5)

```

So I am guessing this has something to do with access premissions

All browsers Chrome/Opera/Firefox/Brave but not Safari crash on select a file to upload.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.