You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and iPhone slow wifi on 13.1.2

Hi.

I have Giga Blast internet service at home.

Both of our iPhone 11 Pro Max wifi speeds are slow. I'm testing at around 48 almost always. Using Fast.com, Fast iPhone app, and the SpeedTest app.

I used to get more than 400.

My iMac gets in the mid 900s.

I'm not using any firewall or VPN etc.

Any my iPad is also experiencing the same exact speed instead of it's usual 300 or so.

Since it's occurring on three devices I'm thinking it's software.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Don

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 10:35 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2019 3:17 PM in response to arizonadonn

Hello,

I had a feeling, it sounds like the problem is with your Wi-Fi router. Your iMac is able to transfer data faster as it has a direct line to your modem whereas your other devices are having to communicate wirelessly through your router then to the modem.

You can try restarting your modem and router to see if this resolves your problem. If this does not work then you may need to look into a newer router that supports 802.11ac @ 5GHz. You will also need to better position your router in your home as thick walls can cause the signal to decrease or if you are using a Wi-Fi router on the 2.4GHz band near your microwave oven. Broadcasting multiple Wi-Fi routers in your home can cause signal interference. This is why I suggest looking into a router that supports 5GHz as there is less interference from other devices, like a microwave oven.

iPad and iPhone slow wifi on 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.