You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

Since the last Mojave update I have encountered problems with iMovie: you can't get into the toolbar (purple cross lines). Video compatibility problems?

Thanks for help

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 12:32 PM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2019 12:10 PM in response to vito241

Hi vito241,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an issue using iMovie on Mac. I would like to help, but I have a few questions to gain more information about the issue.

-Which version of iMovie are you using?

-Can you elaborate further on what you mean by 'purple cross lines'?

-Taking a look at iMovie for Mac: View and manage projects, are you referring to the specific toolbar that is discussed in this article?

If the issue occurred after making changes to the iMovie window layout, you may find reverting to the Original Layout helpful: iMovie for Mac: Change the iMovie window layout.

If you need continued support, reach back out with your responses.

Thank you.

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.