You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop the notes bar from automatically opening when I am taking notes on a PDF?

I use an apple pencil to take notes on pdf files. Prior to the IOs 13 download, I could take notes using the pencil and then move or zoom the screen using my fingers. After the download/update, the page side bar automatically opens and the pencil icon in the top corner automatically selects, and the new color palate/ highlighter, pencil, or pen open when I make a mark with my pencil. Then if I try to use my finger to move the screen, it is also now a pen and I draw more. I want only the apple pencil to write and my finger to continue moving the screen. Now I have to deselect the the pencil icon in the top corner every time I need to change the page and then write and then unselect again which is a pain when trying to keep up with a lecture. Is there a way to change the settings so the side bar/ color palate/ pencil icon don't all automatically open/ select when I use my apple pencil? Or a setting so only my apple pencil will draw and not my fingers?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 2:17 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I stop the notes bar from automatically opening when I am taking notes on a PDF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.