You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a Track to Library in Mac Music App Stops Music and exits Playlist

Hello,

I have had this issue with iTunes in High Sierra as well hoping to get some help now that the issue persists on Catalina and the new MacOS Music App.

If I hear a song I like in a playlist I use the "..." select add to library, it adds the song but then stops playback of the song and exits the playlist. I have Apple Music, Running Latest MacOS (10.15) and Latest Music App (Version 1.0.0.426)

To Reproduce:

• Open Apple Music playlist
  • Use ... to add song to library
  • Song will stop and playlist will exit

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 3:54 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2019 9:59 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex,

I have tried all the troubleshooting listed in the link to no success.

I have 2 MacOS Systems on 2 different networks: a MacBook Pro (Running Catalina and Music App) and a Mac Pro (Running High Sierra and iTunes) the sequence of actions mentioned above produce the bugged result on both machines so based on that I concluded the issue is most likely on a higher level and independent from operating system, physical machine, or network.

Thanks for the reply,

Nic

Oct 26, 2019 5:31 PM in response to nfoxx003

Nfoxx003,

I think you are right. This has to be an issue with the software that a MacOS erase and reinstall won't even resolve. I have both a 27" iMac and 2019 13" MBP and have the issue. I have noticed the issue since High Sierra, but it may have been before that. The issue is still happening on Catalina. If recent MacOS software releases are as bad as iOS 13, we might be SOL for a while.

Adding a Track to Library in Mac Music App Stops Music and exits Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.