You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing/Using Final Cut Pro on two MacBooks.

I purchased Final Cut Pro in 2015 for my MacBook Pro. That computer is too slow for video editing now. This week I have purchased a new MacBook Pro with more horsepower for video editing. I believe the license allows FCP tp be used on multiple Apple products that I own. I have installed Final Cut Pro (Trial) on the new MacBook Pro but I do not see how to link it to my previous version of Final Cut Pro. What is the best way to install FCP on a new machine? I want to leverage the copy I already purchased and not have to buy FCP again. Suggestions?

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 9:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 9:34 PM

Log into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID, click on the Purchases tab, and redownload it from there.

If your earlier copy is from a DVD, click here and contact Apple.

(175275)

1 reply

Installing/Using Final Cut Pro on two MacBooks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.