You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot make corrections within a word using the cursor

My iPhone 6 updated to iOS 13.2.1 and there is a problem

I cannot make corrections within a word using the cursor .one has to delete the whole word in order to correct a letter

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 11:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 5:37 PM

Hello alexcastela,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're only able to delete the entire word and not the letters. I'll do what I can to help.

It sounds like QuickPath is being used and deleting by word. To change this, go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Turn off 'Delete Slide-to-Type by Word.'

Hope that clears things up. Enjoy your day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2019 5:37 PM in response to alexcastela

Hello alexcastela,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're only able to delete the entire word and not the letters. I'll do what I can to help.

It sounds like QuickPath is being used and deleting by word. To change this, go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Turn off 'Delete Slide-to-Type by Word.'

Hope that clears things up. Enjoy your day.

I cannot make corrections within a word using the cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.