You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Ios 13.1.2 no sync with itunes library vers 12.8.1.3. Old imac from 2009.

After I upgraded my Iphone SE to 13.1.2. I cannot sync it with my Itunes library on my Imac (from 2009). My Imac runs Yosemite 10.10.5 and Itunes 12.8.1.3.

Anyone else experiences this problem?

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:15 AM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2019 7:43 PM in response to Chris9200

Hi Chris9200,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems there is trouble syncing the iPhone with iTunes on the iMac. Do you receive an error message? I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"Get help

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Oct 24, 2019 6:24 PM in response to Chris9200

Greetings Chris9200,

Thanks for the update. In your previous post, you mentioned that you were running Yosemite 10.10.5. If that is correct, you would need to upgrade to El Capitan OS X 10.11.4, per the pop-up message you listed in your last response.

How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan

Once you upgrade, if you then need to update iTunes to a more recent version, I would recommend you use this article.

Update to the latest version of iTunes

Take care.

Iphone Ios 13.1.2 no sync with itunes library vers 12.8.1.3. Old imac from 2009.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.