You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired keyboard not recognized immediately after macOS Catalina update

Hello,

Immediately after updating to macOS Catalina, my MacBook Pro has stopped recognizing my Apple wired keyboard. I’ve tried restarting my computer multiple times, as well as resetting the PRAM and SMC, and the keyboard still does not appear in the USB device tree when I plug it into either of the USB ports. I know that this is not a problem with my USB ports because they both still work with my USB drives. I’m also confident this is not a hardware issue with the keyboard itself because it was working fine a few hours ago. 

My computer is an early 2015 Retina 13” MacBook Pro. The keyboard is a regular Apple wired keyboard. Any advice you have would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 8:26 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2019 2:21 PM in response to Dither87

Hi Dither87,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, you're having some trouble with your wired Apple keyboard. I would be happy to help.

Are you able to plug your keyboard into a different computer and test to see if it's recognized?

Also, do you continue to experience this issue if you boot your Mac into safe mode?

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Kindest regards.

Wired keyboard not recognized immediately after macOS Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.