You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Contacts Still Showing up in Messages

I still have deleted contacts showing up in the Messages App. For these numbers/contacts when I select the "I" icon there is nothing else there to select except to block them. I do not get an option to "Remove from Recents". I need to permanently delete these contacts. I also logged into my iCloud account and these contacts are not there. How do I permanently delete them? This is getting frustrating.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 4:13 PM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2019 2:07 PM in response to ts79

Hello ts79! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking for information on how to remove a contact from Messages. If you’re wanting to remove the contact numbers from Messages, be sure that you’ve also deleted the conversation that you had. So long as the conversation is in Messages, the contact numbers will appear when you search for them. Check out this article for how to delete a message or conversation: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Deleted Contacts Still Showing up in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.