You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on Apple Watch basics screen

I’ve just reset and repaired my watch with my new iPhone. It’s now stuck on “Apple Watch Basics” screen?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 7:25 AM

Hi Amyellenm,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like you're having an issue with your Apple Watch no longer responding and stuck on that one screen. I'd like to do what I can to help out, so you can use your Apple Watch.

Have you tried to do a regular restart yet? If your watch is not responding to a restart, you'll want to do a force restart. Force restart should only be done when your Apple Watch is not responding, and you're not actively updating the watchOS. 

How to restart your Apple Watch has steps for a restart and a forced restart.

If you're still having issues with your Apple Watch, I'd make sure that your iPhone is on iOS 13.1.3, which was released recently and resolved some Apple Watch issues. About iOS 13 Updates

Apple Watch latest watchOS is 6.0.1.

If you need to update either device:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2019 7:25 AM in response to Amyellenm

Hi Amyellenm,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like you're having an issue with your Apple Watch no longer responding and stuck on that one screen. I'd like to do what I can to help out, so you can use your Apple Watch.

Have you tried to do a regular restart yet? If your watch is not responding to a restart, you'll want to do a force restart. Force restart should only be done when your Apple Watch is not responding, and you're not actively updating the watchOS. 

How to restart your Apple Watch has steps for a restart and a forced restart.

If you're still having issues with your Apple Watch, I'd make sure that your iPhone is on iOS 13.1.3, which was released recently and resolved some Apple Watch issues. About iOS 13 Updates

Apple Watch latest watchOS is 6.0.1.

If you need to update either device:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Cheers!

stuck on Apple Watch basics screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.