You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Teams screen sharing issues with latest version of Catalina

After installing the supplementary update to Catalina whenever I try and share my screen within Microsoft Teams it prompts me to change the Security & Privacy, Screen Recording Setting but Microsoft Teams is already ticked as an allowed App.

If I untick and then re-tick and restart my Mac then screen sharing in Microsoft Teams works for a bit then stops after a while and says I have to change the Privacy setting again but it is already ticket from before.

Repeating the process of un-ticking and re-ticking Microsoft Teams as an allowed app and then restarting my machine fixes the problem temporarily for a while.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a permanent fix?

Thanks

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 8:14 AM

I had this same issue and was able to resolve it by quitting Cisco AnyConnect (our VPN tool here at work). I understand that other users have had success by disabling other 3rd party applications so if you don't use AnyConnect, try quitting other applications one by one.

Similar questions

3 replies

Microsoft Teams screen sharing issues with latest version of Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.