You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'mmhlpr will damage your computer'

Right after installing the Mac software update I get this pop up every 3 seconds. I click move to trash....it isn't in my trash and just keeps coming at me. My computer is useless. I can't do a thing.

Any advice?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 10:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 7:44 AM

I’m having the exact same problem. Please help.

2 replies

Oct 19, 2019 8:39 PM in response to asa144

Hi,

I'm the village idiot when it comes to computers...I only know what I need to know to get it to do the simplest things. But I did find an answer. It was a question posted by RBell1001 back on February 23, 2017 'How can I stop mechanic pop ups. There is a second reply from AppleJuice11 on November 26, 2017 and they explain what to do.....with screen shots. AND IT solved my problem.

Basically do these steps;

<Open Finder>

<Go>

<Go to Folder>

Type in <~/Library>

<Go>

<Application Support>

then if you find anything called Mac Mechanic or mmc move to trash and then empty your trash.

I also found a folder called mmhlpr and trashed it.

I hope it works for you.

'mmhlpr will damage your computer'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.