You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X not updating

First off - (as of Oct. 20, 2019) what is the latest version of FCPX?   I have 10.4.6 installed.

I bought a plugin from Pixel Film Studios - I tired to install - their application warned me that FCPX isn't the latest update.   I open the Apple app store (purchased area) - nothing says an update is needed.  Then I just search for "Final Cut Pro X" (you know when you search to buy something) - I noticed right were it says FCPX it says "update".  Okay, I click the button.   It tells me it must close FCPX and FCPX will re-open once the update is done.   Well, it never updates.  Here's what happens FCPX closes then opens as expected - but the "update button remains gray and a little circle continues rotating forever.   FCPX remans stuck at 10.4.6.    So, what now?   Do I have the latest version of FCPX?  If not then how do I update?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 8:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 4:05 AM

What version of macOS? Your profile says 10.13.

To run the latest version, 10.4.7, you need Mojave or Catalina. Maybe that is why you don't see an update.

3 replies

Final Cut Pro X not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.