You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on iCloud for Windows

Hi to everyone, I activated iCloud on my iPhone to be able to view photos even on my Windows PC.

On icloud.com I don't see all the photos.

On approx. 3500 photos I currently only see 1500 photos. How much time does it take to download all the photos on iCloud? Should I keep my iPhone connected with the USB cable to the PC? Or do it works in background?

Thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 12:48 PM

Hello andreaarigo.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you recently set up iCloud Photos on your iPhone, however you have some questions about the time it is taking to upload all of your photos to iCloud. You would also like to know if it is okay to disconnect your iPhone from the PC. I will be glad to assist.

The upload of your photos will occur wirelessly, so you are able to disconnect from the computer.

Also, please see the following information below from:

Set up and use iCloud Photos

"Your collection uploads to iCloud each time your device connects to Wi-Fi and your battery is charged. When you have iOS 11 or later, your library updates over cellular too. Depending on your Internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your photos and videos on all of your devices and iCloud.com might vary."

"Pause library uploads to iCloud

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your Internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day."

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2019 12:48 PM in response to andreaarigo

Hello andreaarigo.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you recently set up iCloud Photos on your iPhone, however you have some questions about the time it is taking to upload all of your photos to iCloud. You would also like to know if it is okay to disconnect your iPhone from the PC. I will be glad to assist.

The upload of your photos will occur wirelessly, so you are able to disconnect from the computer.

Also, please see the following information below from:

Set up and use iCloud Photos

"Your collection uploads to iCloud each time your device connects to Wi-Fi and your battery is charged. When you have iOS 11 or later, your library updates over cellular too. Depending on your Internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your photos and videos on all of your devices and iCloud.com might vary."

"Pause library uploads to iCloud

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your Internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day."

Cheers.

Photos on iCloud for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.