You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My F1 and F2 keys ceased controlling screen brightness. How to restore the function of these keys?

My F1 and F2 keys ceased controlling screen brightness. How to restore the function of these keys?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 5:14 AM

3 replies

Oct 28, 2019 1:16 PM in response to RobC2012

Hey there, Rob,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that the F1 and F2 keys on your keyboard aren't adjusting the display brightness as expected. I'm happy to help!

You can use the "Change the default function key behavior" section of How to use the function keys on your Mac - Apple Support to restore your default function key shortcuts.

Have a good day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.