You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone issue ultrawide 2560x1080 resolution for macbook pro after upgrading Catalina?

I have an issue with 2560x1080 after upgrading Catalina with 29WK500 LG ultrawide monitor.

When I set up the monitor with macbook pro, it was not showing 2560x1080 resolution in display setting.

I was trying press Option key on the display setting tab and installed the monitor driver, however, all the thing that I found on the internet was not allowed me to set the 21:9 ratio in the LG 29WK500 LG ultrawire monitor.

Eventually, i found a solution and fixed the issue after installing third party program called SwitchResX.

it allowed to create 2560x1080 resolution.

However, after I upgrading Catalina, it never configured 2560x1080.

Please share your experience if you have facing the same issue or if you have any suggestion for fixing this issue.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 8:26 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 28, 2019 1:48 PM in response to Hyo3

Currently, my 29WK500 monitor does not display anything from my MacOS Catalina, neither through the Thunderbolt 2 (mini display to monitor HDMI), nor from the MacBook Pro HDMI to monitor HDMI. Connecting a Chromecast directly in the monitor, work perfectly find. I contacted LG support and they say to await a driver update from LG.

Was working all fine previously under MacOS Mojave. Clearly a driver issue.

Anyone issue ultrawide 2560x1080 resolution for macbook pro after upgrading Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.