You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve some deleted iMessages from my Apple IPad

How can I retrieve deleted IMessages from my Apple IPad?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 12:50 PM

Do you use messages in iCloud (Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support)? If so deletions are permanent.

If you don’t use messages in iCloud, you can restore your iCloud or iTunes backup to your device to recover deleted messages - as long as the device has not backed up again since you deleted them. If it has, then they will be gone from the backup as well.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2019 12:50 PM in response to zita2018

Do you use messages in iCloud (Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support)? If so deletions are permanent.

If you don’t use messages in iCloud, you can restore your iCloud or iTunes backup to your device to recover deleted messages - as long as the device has not backed up again since you deleted them. If it has, then they will be gone from the backup as well.

How can I retrieve some deleted iMessages from my Apple IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.