You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Movies

I have an Apple TV version 3, and a 2017 MacBook pro with an external hard drive that has some home movies on it. 3 days ago I was able to access the home movies via my Apple TV through home sharing, and using the computer icon on the Apple TV. Now when I open up the computer icon it says it can't see my computer. My Apple Tv is connected to the internet via a hardwired connection. I can see my Apple Tv from my MacBook pro. I can even play a movie from my MacBook pro on my Apple Tv. I can't access my computer icon on my Apple Tv to pick movies as I could 3 days ago. Has something changed recently?

Please Help

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 23, 2019 10:31 PM in response to 427Cobra1966

Is the MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina? Did it run Catalina when it worked? I ask because iTunes has been replaced, and Home Sharing controls works a bit different on that system.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Apple TV software version 7.4 for Apple TV (3rd generation) is now a month old, so that is not something that has changed in the last 3 days.

Home Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.