You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View photos in a given Finder folder

MacOS Catalina Photos app.

Photos live outside of the Photos library as referenced files. Is it possible to view only photos in a specific Finder folder?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 9:18 AM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2019 12:16 PM in response to Old Toad

Hey Old Toad,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have read the link you sent. Unfortunately I need to share my photos with both Windows and Linux systems, so as far as I know, referenced files is the only way to go. Photos is very intollerant of changes made outside of it so I have been making the additions/deletions from within. I had been using Google Picasa on Windows and MacOS with great success until both Google discontinued support for it and Catalina as well (no more 32-bit apps). Not an old toad, but an old fart, stuck in my ways. I'm thinking Google Photos is the way forward, very open to suggestions.

Oct 24, 2019 4:29 PM in response to mohavebaked

Regardless of the "sharing" aspect, my original question stands. My photos are all located in folders outside of the Photos library (referenced). I have several folders that I would like to delete. Sure, I can easily delete the folders outside of Photos, but doing so would corrupt the Photos library. Thus my question, is it possible in Photos to view all photos in a specific Finder folder, whereby I could select all and delete?

View photos in a given Finder folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.