You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I give my ipad mini to my granddaughter who lives in northern Cyprus and have it work?

I am looking to do two things. One is connect with my grandchildren who live in northern CyPrus via Facetime, and another is enable her to use her mother's premium spotify account to download songs for offline listening. I have a 2 year old ipad mini that I'd like to wipe clean and give her. Would her mother be able to set up a new apple ID on this device purchased in the US and access apps, etc?

Thank you. I only use my ipad for facetime with grandchildren and use an Android for everything else (Sorry!!!) so I'm not as savvy about how to do this, but my son said he could not get his ipad to access his itunes account when he was in the UK, so I'm just worried about sending them something they can't use as they would like.

iPad mini 4, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 10:22 AM

Yes. The iPad should have no issue working in Cyprus.

The first thing to do, is to wipe the iPad clean. Follow the steps here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can stop there. They will have to set up the iPad themselves and create their Apple ID during setup before anything else can be set up.

They can then set it up and create a new Apple ID for the Cyprus iTunes and app Stores during setup.

Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

Cyprus

• App Store
    • Apple Arcade
  • Apple Music
  • iTunes Store
    • Movies
    • Music
    • Ringtones & Tones
  • Apple TV app
    • Apple TV+
  • Apple Books
    • Books
  • Apple Podcasts

Once that is done, they can download any Apps they want that are available in the Cyprus store.

To setup their mother's Spotify account they'll need to follow the steps here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Family-Membership-Adding-Users-To-Account/td-p/1532196

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2019 10:22 AM in response to atk511

Yes. The iPad should have no issue working in Cyprus.

The first thing to do, is to wipe the iPad clean. Follow the steps here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can stop there. They will have to set up the iPad themselves and create their Apple ID during setup before anything else can be set up.

They can then set it up and create a new Apple ID for the Cyprus iTunes and app Stores during setup.

Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

Cyprus

• App Store
    • Apple Arcade
  • Apple Music
  • iTunes Store
    • Movies
    • Music
    • Ringtones & Tones
  • Apple TV app
    • Apple TV+
  • Apple Books
    • Books
  • Apple Podcasts

Once that is done, they can download any Apps they want that are available in the Cyprus store.

To setup their mother's Spotify account they'll need to follow the steps here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Family-Membership-Adding-Users-To-Account/td-p/1532196

Can I give my ipad mini to my granddaughter who lives in northern Cyprus and have it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.