You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple classroom lock

I work in a school and we use Apple Classroom with our students. When we "lock" their ipads to get their attention we have 1 student's whose after we lock it he hits the home button and it "unlocks" it. How do I fix it so that he stays locked?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 6:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 6:19 AM

Greetings, acooke33!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with one student being able t unlock their iPad after it's been locked through Apple Classroom. I'd suggest reviewing the info in this article to View and lock a student’s screen with Classroom and verify settings for the MDM configuration:

"Note: Depending on how your mobile device management (MDM) solution is configured, you may not be able to perform this task. Contact your MDM administrator and have them review Classroom view and AirPlay management."

If you continue to have trouble, or need further assistance with configuration, I would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Contact Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2019 6:19 AM in response to acooke33

Greetings, acooke33!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with one student being able t unlock their iPad after it's been locked through Apple Classroom. I'd suggest reviewing the info in this article to View and lock a student’s screen with Classroom and verify settings for the MDM configuration:

"Note: Depending on how your mobile device management (MDM) solution is configured, you may not be able to perform this task. Contact your MDM administrator and have them review Classroom view and AirPlay management."

If you continue to have trouble, or need further assistance with configuration, I would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Contact Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Take care!

apple classroom lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.