You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV iTunes Library

To say that I am fed up with the new Apple TV / iTunes library setup is an understatement. I have tried so many things to be able to see my original iTunes library on my apple tv with no light at the end of the tunnel.

In short, when going into the app i can see my whole library 1+ movies but now I keep on getting an error unable to play this content of this apple tv message. It worked just fine before.

I have tried logging in, login out, recreating the library and everything else I can find on forums. WHY DID APPLE HAVE TO MESS THIS UP. IT WORKED FINE BEFORE. I do not see any benefit just problems.

Does anyone else have this issue and how to "fix" this issue???

Or how do I roll back to mac os mojave??

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 3:22 PM

4 replies

Oct 31, 2019 11:27 AM in response to bobos73

Hey bobos73,

If I understand correctly, you can see you library, but you received a message that it is not able to play the content. Does this happen to all movies? Are you able to play song without an error? It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. If you want information on how to revert to a previous macOS version, this article explains how to do that.

Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Oct 31, 2019 8:42 PM in response to BreeZee_17

Hi thx for your reply. I cannot play any movies or content purchased through Apple (95% of my content). I have also tried streaming from the mac to the ATV and get an HDCP error on my mac. All the content works fine on the mac and I can see the whole library. No issues playing the content on the mac. Just not the ATV. Appears that it may be an HDCP issue with the ATV. And yes, all the sharing, logging in etc etc has been troubleshooted. Just frustrated as everything worked perfectly fine with the previous macOS, just not with Catalina..

Apple TV iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.