You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just switched to MaciOS Catalina and I had not realised that iPhoto could not be transported. I have very important photos what can I do to retrieve them?

I would like to have my photos in iphoto app transferred ove to my photos app. How do I do that please?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 11:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:19 AM

If you are not sure, where your iPhoto Library is and you have never launched Photos before, you can also drag the crossed out iPhoto.app from your Applications folder onto the Photos icon in the Dock. Photos will then convert the last iPhoto library you have used to a Photos library.

6 replies

Oct 31, 2019 3:01 AM in response to léonie

Good morning. I have anther question concerning Catalina.

On my Apple App whilst I was looking at the information re Microsoft suddenly

All three apps word, excel and Powerpoint were sitting on my app. I would like to get rid of them.

Any ideas.

Since now I have to use numbers and pages what do I actually do with the Microsoft apps which have been crossed so I can't use them anymore, with my files. Do I adopt the same idea of taking the crossed app and dragging it to numbers and the other one to pages?

I'd appreciate a gifted answer!

thank you in advance.

Lydie Paton

I have just switched to MaciOS Catalina and I had not realised that iPhoto could not be transported. I have very important photos what can I do to retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.