You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cleanup keychain

how do I cleanup MacBook keychain so I can export the data?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:19 PM

There’s two areas you can go to clean up data within keychain:

• go to preferences within Safari and delete any old / unused password - this will delete them from the iCloud Keychain if you have this
  • be careful what you delete with this - go into the keychain app on your mac and you can delete items within the iCloud Keychain. I wouldn’t play around with anything in the system or login keychain though.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2019 1:19 PM in response to allanfromnm

There’s two areas you can go to clean up data within keychain:

• go to preferences within Safari and delete any old / unused password - this will delete them from the iCloud Keychain if you have this
  • be careful what you delete with this - go into the keychain app on your mac and you can delete items within the iCloud Keychain. I wouldn’t play around with anything in the system or login keychain though.

cleanup keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.