You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deregistering phone number

I have been trying for days now to deregister the number that came with my iphone 11 & enable my old number but it seems to be impossible. i even spent 25 minutes on the phone with an apple advisor who led me through some steps which i had already tried several times.

My problem is when I do what apple suggests which is turn off messenger & facetime go to settings, my emails etc., it shows the phone number I transferred over only, which would be correct. I go to iM & FT, turn them back on, go back to check settings, emails, etc., and the new number reappears. I then went online to try & deregister online as per apple support. I filled in the small form with the number I wanted to deregister then you have to press send code which should then come from apple to confirm who I am but the code never comes through. Ive tried this with both iM & FT turned on & off. Can anyone out there help me please?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 10:20 AM

Watch the GIF below to remove the number from Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime

2 replies

Deregistering phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.