You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X Crashes every time I open Piano Roll after mac Update 10.15.1 - PLEASE HELP!

Hello,

I've just installed the latest mac update 10.15.1, and Logic started acting crazy. Every time I try opening up the piano roll for a track, well...logic brain freezes. Very very occasionally I can open up the piano roll and do a bit of editing but then 2 minutes later just when I start editing another one it crashes again. It's not even some fancy 3rd party VST plugins (when I use those it crashes EVERY TIME) - I was just using the Logic built in instruments and still 90% of the time it crashes. This is driving me insane and I cannot work at all. Am thinking about reinstalling everything but afraid it'll create more problems and become even more time-consuming. This never happened before the new Mac update. I tried freeing up RAM, restarting, everything I can think of, and nothing helped so far.

Please help!!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 5:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 6:35 PM

It's obvious to everyone on this list that Logic X is not completely compatible with Catalina. Yours is only one of a number of problems. Make sure you're running the latest Logic, 10.4.7

You also might trying to delete Preferences. Upper Left hand Logic Pro X menu/Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except....

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2019 6:35 PM in response to haoyue18

It's obvious to everyone on this list that Logic X is not completely compatible with Catalina. Yours is only one of a number of problems. Make sure you're running the latest Logic, 10.4.7

You also might trying to delete Preferences. Upper Left hand Logic Pro X menu/Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except....

Logic Pro X Crashes every time I open Piano Roll after mac Update 10.15.1 - PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.