You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VO2 Max stopped recording

Hi, my Apple Watch series 4 stopped recording my vo2 Max about a month ago (Oct 5th). I run outdoors for around 40 minutes and consistently have a good heart rate reading.

Ive tried rebooting my watch and iPhone 11 Pro Max but this has not worked. I use the Apple Workout app on the watch for metrics.

Any ideas? Do I have a lemon?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 6:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 5:57 PM

Hello DanG_38,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your VO2 max reading on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest trying the steps in the article below:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, I suggest making sure that your watch and iPhone are running the latest software versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Lastly, you may need to unpair your Apple Watch and then set it up again. As long as your signed into iCloud, your Apple Watch will automatically create a backup when you unpair it. 

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2019 5:57 PM in response to DanG_38

Hello DanG_38,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your VO2 max reading on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest trying the steps in the article below:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, I suggest making sure that your watch and iPhone are running the latest software versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Lastly, you may need to unpair your Apple Watch and then set it up again. As long as your signed into iCloud, your Apple Watch will automatically create a backup when you unpair it. 

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

VO2 Max stopped recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.