You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What about the new Catalina operating system for my Mac mini. Should I upgrade or wait a while?

Is it a good idea to upgrade from Mojave to the new Catalina operating system for my Mac mini or wait a while to see how it works out?

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 8:54 AM

8 replies

Nov 6, 2019 2:15 PM in response to rusty122

You can find out for yourself: Upgrading macOS without fear - Apple Community. Otherwise you will never upgrade.

There are still people complaining about Mojave; the same complaints as High Sierra, Sierra, El Cap, Yosemite, Mavericks...

Shall I go on?

Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard...

But wait, there's more!

Leopard, Tiger...

You might as well upgrade to Catalina, because whatever supersedes it is certain to be "the worst upgrade ever."

Nov 4, 2019 8:58 AM in response to rusty122

It also depends upon your model Mini and how much old 32 bit software you own. Eventually you will have to upgrade (unless you are 100 years old with a Mini you bought last year that will last another decade or so) but I think the conservative users are being late adapters and waiting a month or two to let all the early switchers work out the issues first.

Nov 6, 2019 11:44 AM in response to Limnos

Thank you for your reply. I only have a few 32 bit programs and the only one I really need is Adobe. I don't understand why my Adobe would be 32 bit but surely I can upgrade it to 64 bit after upgrade. The main reason I want to upgrade is I have Mojave and would have never upgraded to it a year ago if I had known what it is.

Nov 6, 2019 11:45 AM in response to Limnos

Thank you for your reply. I only have a few 32 bit programs and the only one I really need is Adobe. I don't understand why my Adobe would be 32 bit but surely I can upgrade it to 64 bit after upgrade. The main reason I want to upgrade is I have Mojave and would have never upgraded to it a year ago if I had known what it is.

What about the new Catalina operating system for my Mac mini. Should I upgrade or wait a while?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.