You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ is very buggy

Is that just me? I have a AppleTV (3rd gen) and using Apple TV+ leaves me with such bad experience.

• Although I have AppleTV+, when I click on one of the shows, I see the button to sign up for TV+.
  • I am watching the morning show and I pause it. I see the show as 3 hours long. This episode is one one hour though.
  • FF shows erratically any preview. (my download speed is 300mbps and Netflix has no issues showing previews as I FF)
  • After a FF or a REW it take 5-10 seconds for movie to start showing.
  • I finish first Episode of SEE and at the very end it does not show the second episode. I then click the back button to select the next SEE episode but instead I am landed in the main TV+ page.
  • Worst of them all, I stop watching a show half way and I get back to watching it again but it always starts from the beginning.

This product has not been tested properly and shameful to Apple's reputation for releasing quality products.

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 10:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 12:29 PM

I think I figured it out the resume issue.

So the issue is that when using Apple TV device, it does not remember that you partially watched a show, so it never offers you a resume function and each time you go back to watch the show from where you left off, you are presented to start that episode from beginning.

For me the solution was to sign into the iPhone Apple TV app.

I double checked that in Settings>TV>turn on Use Play History was on and now in my Apple TV device, I get the resume option.

Apple should have done better testing before releasing this software.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2019 12:29 PM in response to R2D2.v1

I think I figured it out the resume issue.

So the issue is that when using Apple TV device, it does not remember that you partially watched a show, so it never offers you a resume function and each time you go back to watch the show from where you left off, you are presented to start that episode from beginning.

For me the solution was to sign into the iPhone Apple TV app.

I double checked that in Settings>TV>turn on Use Play History was on and now in my Apple TV device, I get the resume option.

Apple should have done better testing before releasing this software.

Apple TV+ is very buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.