You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good afternoon I have a problem with my iMessage because when I am texting my friend that has an iPhone for some reason it is not blue but green and it says text message can someone tell me how to change it

Good afternoon I have a problem with my iMessage because when I am texting my friend that has an iPhone for some reason it is not blue but green and it says text message can someone tell me how to change it

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 12:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 12:13 PM

In order for a message to be sent as an iMessage (blue) both the sender and the recipient must 1) be logged into iMessage and 2) have an active data connection. It's possible that your friend has either logged out of iMessage, or doesn't have a data connection (they could have turned off both cellular data and WiFi or they could be somewhere there is no data service).

All you can do is check to make sure everything is okay on your end. You can't control what's going on with the recipient.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2019 12:13 PM in response to Anthony2178

In order for a message to be sent as an iMessage (blue) both the sender and the recipient must 1) be logged into iMessage and 2) have an active data connection. It's possible that your friend has either logged out of iMessage, or doesn't have a data connection (they could have turned off both cellular data and WiFi or they could be somewhere there is no data service).

All you can do is check to make sure everything is okay on your end. You can't control what's going on with the recipient.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.