You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls about my iCloud being Breached

I have received for phone calls today claiming that it is Apple support calling because someone has supposedly hacked into my iCloud account, I’m wondering if this is authentic.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 11:02 AM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2019 5:44 PM in response to Gregjm99

Hey there Gregjm99,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’ve received some calls about your iCloud account being breached and you want to know if these were a phishing attempt. I’ll be happy to help with this.

‘Scammers spoof phone numbers and use flattery and threats to pressure you into giving them information, money, and even iTunes gift cards. Always verify the caller's identity before you provide any personal information. If you get an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Apple, hang up and contact us directly.’ This is taken from:

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

The fact that they attempted to contact you 4 times in one day does seem suspicious to me. If you have any concerns about your account, you can always reach out to Apple Support directly at the following link. They can take steps to verify your identity and help out:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers.

Calls about my iCloud being Breached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.