You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Console Errors - EtreCheck - Mojave Slow - Wanting to clean things up before Catalina

Can someone take a look at this for me. Thanks in Advance.

This Message is a little long, I ran every test.

MacBook Air 13", 10.14

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 8:58 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2019 9:10 AM in response to D_M_G

You have way too many security apps installed. They don’t seem to be doing much since you also have a crypto-currency mining malware installed too. The malware isn’t loaded for some reason, but you don’t want it there at all.

EtreCheck is warning you about multiple antivirus apps because they can interfere with each other. I had assumed they would just cause a reduction in performance, but they don’t seem to be working at all in your case. I suggest you use EtreCheck to remove the malware. Then remove all of the 3rd party antivirus apps. Then update your operating system to the latest version of Mojave.

Then do nothing for a while. Make sure your machine is running well before upgrading to Catalina. If you are experiencing problems, upgrade will only make them worse. Catalina is a major upgrade that would make any existing problems much worse.

If you are still having problems, start a new question and post a new EtreCheck report. (You only need to post a single EtreCheck report).

Console Errors - EtreCheck - Mojave Slow - Wanting to clean things up before Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.