You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I share all media with iPhone, iPad and Apple TV without an actual Mac computer?

I don’t own a Mac desktop or laptop computer as I don’t have the space for a desktop computer and Apple laptops are very unreliable (past experience with MacBook Pro). I have a iPad Pro which I think is the mutts nuts! I also have an iPhone, now I have just purchased Apple TV to which I am starting to regret. I can’t seem to make a playlist on the music and it won’t do home share, do I actually need a desktop or lappy to do this please? Both devices are home share enabled.

Many thanks.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 5:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 8:25 AM

Thanks I have read that and still nothing 🙁. Plus side I have accidentally found that I can connect my phone to my tv without needing the Apple TV box. Now I don’t need it I am going to sell it! 😂😂 Very disappointed with Apple TV, way too many issues for the price.

Thank you for your responses.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2019 8:25 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks I have read that and still nothing 🙁. Plus side I have accidentally found that I can connect my phone to my tv without needing the Apple TV box. Now I don’t need it I am going to sell it! 😂😂 Very disappointed with Apple TV, way too many issues for the price.

Thank you for your responses.

Nov 7, 2019 5:54 AM in response to confussedmacowner

All of your devices can access your iTunes Store purchase history. You would need an Apple Music subscription if you wanted to be able to make playlists on one device that become available in another. You need a computer to be able to add ripped CDs or content purchased elsewhere into your iCloud Music Library. Home Sharing links devices or computers to computers. AirPlay may be used to play content from your devices to Apple TV.

tt2

Can I share all media with iPhone, iPad and Apple TV without an actual Mac computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.