You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 11 & Apple TV subscription problem

new iPhone 11 bought from EE, showed 1 year Apple TV free subscription on the Apple TV app, when I went for it, it didn’t let me, said this hardware is not qualified for Apple subscription.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 1:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 10:29 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeh I have got it sorted. Had to phone Apple customer service ‭on 0800 048 0408‬ and they asked me to email them a proof of purchase etc. Afterwards they gave me a code while I was on the phone and it worked.

so if anyone got the same problem, easiest way is too give them a call.

thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2019 10:29 AM in response to Prawnyloks

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeh I have got it sorted. Had to phone Apple customer service ‭on 0800 048 0408‬ and they asked me to email them a proof of purchase etc. Afterwards they gave me a code while I was on the phone and it worked.

so if anyone got the same problem, easiest way is too give them a call.

thanks

Nov 10, 2019 6:05 AM in response to rav28

I contacted support via email and they got back to me requesting these three things...

• A screenshot of the error messages you’ve received

• Pictures or scanned images of your proof of purchase for the iPhone

• The version of IOS that you phone is currently running

I replied saying I couldn't supply the first as I no longer got the message and the only option was for me to try free for 1 week. I supplied a copy of my Amazon invoice, and also my version of iOS along with my iPhone serial number just for good measure.

Yesterday evening I received a reply with apologies and a code with instructions so that I could redeem my free year. I followed my instructions and used the code today and my Apple TV+ free year is now up and running 😊

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, then I'd suggest contacting support and hopefully you'll have this fixed too.

New iPhone 11 & Apple TV subscription problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.