You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Screen Randomly Goes Black

Hello !

I have an iPhone X which I bought used on eBay. Everything works fine but there's one problem:

When I use the phone just normally screen suddenly goes black, but the phone do not turn off. It's just a screen. I press the lock button, It locks and then I unlock it and continue using normally. Then it repeats again. It happened on Messenger, App Store, Pinterest so far, lot's of time. All of those apps were up to date, just like the IOS version.

Any solutions about what shall I do ?

Thank you in advance

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 1:58 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2019 7:32 AM in response to Ivankay123

Hey there Ivankay123,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your iPhone display goes black intermittently and you have to lock and wake your iPhone to get it back to normal. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If this is happening repeatedly, your iPhone may require service. Go through the steps in this link under ‘If your screen is black or if your device won't turn on’ for ways to resolve this issue:

Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn’t resolve this, you can reach out to Apple Support to get further help with this:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers.

iPhone X Screen Randomly Goes Black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.