You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain Keynote transitions are pixelated

On my MBP using Keynote certain transitions (doorway, blinds, etc.) are pixelated during the transition. The OS is 10.15.1. This does not occur on my iMac using the same OS version.

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:38 AM

Apple Care solved the pixilating problem by finding that at some point I has installed Clean My Mac. Once I deleted all remnants of that software, Keynote no longer had the problem. So, learn from my experience do not ever install Clean My Mac.

13 replies

Nov 14, 2019 9:21 AM in response to clp698

Hello clp698,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when using Keynote on your Mac the transitions are pixelated during the transition. I recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode and/or in a new user account. This will help determine the cause of the issue. The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in both safe mode and in a new user account: 

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Certain Keynote transitions are pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.