You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is not a normal 'no internet connection' problem

Hi,

I got stuck with this issue for a couple of days and need sone help from more advance users.

I've upgraded to Catalina a week ago and all was well until a few days back my IMac lost connection to the internet after waking it up in the morning....

My internet and router are fine. Other devices (mac book and iphone) work fine - either on wifi or ethernet. Non apple devices work fine on ethernet connection.

My imac shows that is connected to the wifi or/and to the ethernet but non of the apps/software can connect (speedtest, Spotify, Safari ect).

I've tried reseting the router, changing cables, running imac in safe mode, reinstalling Catalina.....

nothing works.....

Strange thing is that it was all fine used on a daly basis even after installing Catalina it was all good.

I simply run out of ideas.

Can anyone help with next steps?

Much appreciate your help.

Cheers

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 4:48 PM

Boot into Safe Mode (Use Safe Mode to isoloate issues with your Mac) and test the internet connection from there. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Similar questions

2 replies

This is not a normal 'no internet connection' problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.