You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update apps from mac app store on Catalina

Since I updated to Catalina, I am having trouble updating apps from Mac App Store. It shows there are updates in the Mac App Store. After I click the update button, it will download and install the app as normal. Once it's installed, it will show the update button again. It will not show open button.

I tried quit iCloud and sign in again, it didn't work. I tried to boot into safe mode, it didn't work. I also tried using brew to update, but it doesn't show any updates, when there is definitely an update. The only workaround I have right now is deleting the app and reinstalling it. It is certainly not ideal. I am wondering if there is any solution to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Ha1qq_v_U

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't update apps from mac app store on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.