You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot save to, or open documents from iCloud

Just noticed this morning that When I create a new Pages, Numbers, Keynote, PDF, etc. document from my 27 inch Retina iMac (running Catalina 10.15.1), I cannot save any of them to iCloud. For example a pages document presents the following error when trying to save to iCloud: "XXX.pages can't be opened right now. Pages couldn't read the file".

If I save the file to my iMac is saves just fine and I can open it just fine. But If I move the file to iCloud, and then try to open it from my iMac, I get this: " The document XXX.pages could not be opened". Also, when I move the documents from my iMac to iCloud, I can open the documents on iCloud just fine from my iOS devices.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 6:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:19 AM

Never-mind. I rebooted my iMac and now everything is working again. I can save to iCloud and can open from iCloud. Weird.

1 reply

Cannot save to, or open documents from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.