You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all my photos from IPhoto one day. Then a few days later some of them came back but still missing the last 2 years of photos. How dio I get those back?

All my photos on IPhoto were deleted. then a few days later many of them magically were back on iPhoto. Still missing the last two years of images. How do I recover those images?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 10:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 12:48 PM

iPhoto or Photos? Are you syncing photos using iCloud? If so, have you gone to iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser to see if the photos are there? Have you checked for a Recently Deleted album in the application and in iCloud?

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Photo syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2019 12:48 PM in response to easyrider427

iPhoto or Photos? Are you syncing photos using iCloud? If so, have you gone to iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser to see if the photos are there? Have you checked for a Recently Deleted album in the application and in iCloud?

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Photo syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Lost all my photos from IPhoto one day. Then a few days later some of them came back but still missing the last 2 years of photos. How dio I get those back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.