You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot view RAW files of Canon 6D Mark II

Since I upgraded my MacBook Pro 2018 to Catalina (10.15.1) I cannot view the RAW files from my Canon 6D Mark II in Preview or Photos. I receive the message: 'The file could not be opened. Preview currently does not support this raw file format'. However, previously with Mojave, I could view them and Catalina is supposed to support these files as well.

I can see the files in a photo editing software, in an iPad with iPadOS and I realized that I also can see them in the preview of Image Capture if I am trying to import them from a SD card. I also have no issues visualizing RAW files from a Canon 60D.

Any suggestions on what can be happening?

Thank you!

MacBook

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 10:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 10:53 AM

FWIW, 6D II RAW files still work for me in Catalina…

Unfortunately I don't know why they aren't for you. I suppose you could try reinstalling Catalina.

2 replies

Cannot view RAW files of Canon 6D Mark II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.