You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App

I'm trying to import many picture folders into the app. I did a bunch last week and it worked and kept the name of the folders. I can't seem to do it again to add more folders. I would really like to avoid having to import each folder one at a time.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 2:36 PM

It's working for me:

5 replies

Nov 16, 2019 7:39 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks! The visual really helped. I wanted to import to an existing folder and found that was impossible. Once I changed "Import to" to "Library it worked well, importing to a new folder called pictures and all the subsequent folder were there. I imported over 4000 pictures this time. I want to now move many of these folder to a different main folder. I see how to do that one at a time. Is there a way to select multiple folders and move them?

Do you work for Apple or are you just a really good volunteer?

Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.