You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People can't hear me when I have my airpods in

When I answer a call, people are not able to hear me so they do not think anyone is on the line. They also have stopped working in the middle of a call.

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 8:29 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2019 12:40 PM in response to NikkiMatt

Hi NikkiMatt,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an audio issue with your AirPods. I'd like to help out.

First, let's make sure your companion iPhone is up to date with software. Please navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. If you see an update available, you may want to try updating iOS using the steps found here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Test to see if the behavior remains.

If so, pair your AirPods with another device to see if the same behavior continues. Do you also have this audio issue while playing media through your AirPods?

If you've isolated the issue to your AirPods, let's have you try resetting them following these steps: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support.

Should you continue to experience this same audio issue, please reach out to Apple Support next: Contact - Official Apple Support.

Thanks for your post!

Take care.

People can't hear me when I have my airpods in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.