You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Prompts for my AppleID Password

I pick up my phone to unlock it and there is a lock screen notification to enter my AppleID password. This happens randomly as far as I can tell usually two or three times a day. I always enter my password as requested but it continues to happen. It’s getting quite annoying at this point.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 6:44 PM

5 replies

Dec 3, 2019 9:36 AM in response to Eric Root

iPhone 7plus, iOS.2.3, no updates. I have and iPad and iMac, but it's not happening on on those.

As far as I can tell there's no setting for downloading free apps without the password. (iTunes doesn't exist anymore).

"App Updates" is turned on, so I suspect that the prompt is coming up when it wants to update apps. As a matter of fact, if I'm really fast, I can sometimes see icons update right after I enter the password. I might turn "App Updates" off just to see if the prompts stop coming when I have to update the apps manually.

Random Prompts for my AppleID Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.