You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No message badges or notifications on Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger or Telegram

about a week ago I stopped receiving notifications and badges on my iPhone, nothing has changed. I have checked various online forums for answers and noticed that a few people are experiencing the same issues. There will be no notification or badge but when you go into the apps it will refresh and show all the new messages

There was a list of things to check from settings, Do not disturb and resetting the phone. I tried all of it even resetting my phone to factory default and reloading it (as per iStore consultants recommendation) and still its not fixed the issue

Can someone please assist me with other possible options to try as I am missing important messages

ps. looks like the issue is with installed chat apps (whatsapp, messenger, telegram, instagram DM's, snapchat) only and not with the standard messaging apps as I am not having issues with email, text messages or imessages

I am using an iPhone 6s with latest iOS 13.2.3

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 12:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 2:46 AM

I managed to sort out the issue. I switched off all the notifications in the iPhone notifications settings for each app under Settings\Notifications. I then restarted my phone and boom they were working again. I noticed that all sliders for notifications under the settings were on again (ios must have switched them on again)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2019 2:46 AM in response to Billabong_81

I managed to sort out the issue. I switched off all the notifications in the iPhone notifications settings for each app under Settings\Notifications. I then restarted my phone and boom they were working again. I noticed that all sliders for notifications under the settings were on again (ios must have switched them on again)

Nov 19, 2019 12:42 AM in response to Billabong_81

Please do not do resetting to Factory Settings for every issue on your iPhone. That will NOT solve your problems for ever, the issues may crop up if you do NOT understand the settings you need to do on your iPhone.

I have made 4 GIFs using iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.3 for Instagram, WhatsApp, Telegram and Facebook Messenger for in-app notification settings which overrids Notification settings on your iPhone.

Instagram Notification Settings

WhatsApp Notification Settings

Telegram Notification Settings

Facebook Messenger Notifications

No message badges or notifications on Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger or Telegram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.