You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advice for a lightning hub to use iPad Os on a 9.7 inches iPad Pro

Hello everyone,

I recently installed iPadOs version 13,2 on my 9,7 inches iPad pro and I am looking to purchase a lightning hub in order to be able to use iPad Os to its full potential.

I checked the ones that are being sold by Apple but they don't have all the ports I am looking for.

Ideally I would like a lightning hub that would have:

• 1 HDMI port.
  • 1 lightning power charging port.
  • At least one (preferably two if possible) USB 3 port.

The most advanced ones to my knowledge that are being sold by Apple only have either 1 HDMI port and 1 lightning power inlet (https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter?fnode=85) or 1 USB 3 port and 1 Lightning power inlet (hhttps://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter).

I have looked online but I wasn't able to find if any company like Belkin for example would sell one of these hubs with the three forementioned ports integrated in one adapter.

Does anyone have any recommendation by any chance or am I looking for something that does not exist?

Thank you so much for your help!

Kind regards,

Dr-Chemist

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 6:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 7:55 AM

Hello,

Apple's Lightning port cannot be used in this way. It can either be used for display out or USB, not both simultaneously. If you would like to use USB devices on your iPad then you will need Apple's Lightning to USB 3 Adapter.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 19, 2019 8:06 AM in response to Dr-Chemist

At present, there isn’t a single Lightning adapter with all the ports on your wish list.

Lightning is Apple proprietary - and at present, Apple produces a USB 2.0 Camera Adapter (no additional power pass-through - not recommended for connection of USB storage devices), a USB 3.0 Camera Adapter (with Lightning power pass-through - recommended) and an HDMI Digital Adapter (also with Lightning power pass-through).

Licensees, such as Belkin, offer some complimentary Lightning adapters - but not the combination that you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Advice for a lightning hub to use iPad Os on a 9.7 inches iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.